Monday, September 29, 2014

Mod 6 Post 1

 I followed the #edtechchat twitter chat. A variety of educators tweeted in about their PLNs, technology they use in the classroom, and how they feel about being a connected educator. One tweeter in particular, I have forgotten her username, tweeted that social media for education is a waste of time. I strongly disagreed with her. This chat for the most part followed the Q1 A1 format. The Qs included "What are some of your favorite ed tech tools?","How did you get connected?" etc.
  As far as whether or not I would use this chat for my own PD, I would have to say that I am not sure. Although the other educators provided me with some good insight and tools(i.e. google hangouts) it was quite hard to follow. I would attempt to reply to one tweet and 5 more would pop up and I would loose it. This was, however, my first twitter chat. Maybe it just takes practice.

1 comment:

  1. The speed of some twitter chats can be daunting. You might like to check out some other ones to see if fewer people attend, so that they move more slowly. On the other hand, you may find that you get into the swing of the fast moving ones with a little practice. The important thing is to use whatever social media connections work best for you.

    ReplyDelete